How to Borrow Books
- You can check the Library OPAC for available resources.
- Check on the call number of the book for the location and proceed to the shelve.
- Present your GUtech ID in the circulation for processing or use the self-check machine. Library receipts are issued for borrowing periods and expiration
How to Reserve Item
- Log in to your Library Account to reserve items and to view your borrowed, overdue items and fines and to change your password.
- Search for the title of your choice in the OPAC .
- Proceed to the circulation to reserve the item. OR
- You can also reserve and renew for items via Whatsapp service
How Long Can I Borrow
|Library Material||Student||Academic and Administration Staff||Intern|
|Reference Books||14 days||120 days||30 days|
|CD’s and DVDs||14 days||120 days||30 days|
|Short Loan Items||2 hours||120 days||2 hours|
|* 100 baisa / day will be charged for late return of any materials type|
“What will I do if I lost a book that I borrowed?”
First, you have to inform the library staff. This is to ensure that overdue fines and notifications shall stop after claiming it lost in the system. Doing so may save you from fines accumulation and block on borrowing after five consecutive emails.
“I accidentally spilled a coffee in my book and it causes damage. Shall I pay for the book?”
Any damaged book is accounted to the last borrower. Members are therefore advised to inspect items they borrow before leaving the circulation counter. Damage cost is assessed based on the table below:
|Condition of the book||Definition||Penalty|
|Damaged||Stains, scribbling and writing in pages but still usable.|
50% of the purchase price
|Missing pages, torn or loose cover, excessive writing & highlighting, water damage||100% recovery cost|
|Missing from borrower’s possession|
100% recovery cost
“What are those email notifications I am receiving from the Library?”
As a courtesy, the library sends automatic overdue claims to borrowers who have overdue items.
|Claim Number||Description||When to Receive|
|1||Overdue Reminder||1-4 days before overdue|
(Member’s borrowing privilege is suspended at this time)
|5-11 days past due date|
|3||Missing from borrower’s possession||12-29 days past due date|
|4||Item cost recovery notice|
(Two weeks overdue, books classified as in-demand will be counted as lost. Therefore the borrower has to shoulder the replacement cost in addition to the accumulated fine.
|30 days past due date|